ABOUT NAK’AL BUN SCHOOL
Dalkelh words for October
Duchun – wood/tree
Lhai – lots/many
‘ut’an – leaves
nakat – falling
‘Az ‘ut’an nakat – The leaves are falling, outside.
The mission of Nak’al Bun Elementary School is to form a partnership with parents, students, and educational staff in order to provide quality education for our children. We aim to assist all students to achieve their maximum academic, personal, social, and cultural development.
Nak’al Bun Elementary believes in respect and does not tolerate violence. It is a caring and stimulating environment where children are valued as individuals whom will recognize and achieve their fullest potential.
- By June 2023, all curriculum taught at Nak’al Bun Elementary School will include a minimum of 50% indigenous and local content.
- Nak’al Bun Elementary School students will have greater access to updated technology, and will learn the skills associated to use the technology effectively and appropriately.
- Nak’al Bun Elementary School will research Social Studies programs with strong indigenous cultural components, and implement a new program that is the 2016 BC curriculum with cultural links from K-7, by June 2022.
About Our School
Language & Culture
Meet the Staff
Friday March 13, 2020
- Parent Teacher interviews for next week are cancelled in person.
- Awards Day on Friday March 20th will go as planned but we are not permitting parents to attend.
- If your children are sick, PLEASE keep them home.
- Download full announcement